Friday, May 30, 2008

I took the one less traveled by,

...and that has made all of the difference.

Rode my bike to the ocean and back. Not sure of the stats, but I think I rode 22-24 miles, and climbed 2500-3000 feet in and out of Sycamore Canyon.

As you can see, the parking lot was packed. Clearly, I was in the "more traveled by" section.

Through the field...

Past Boney Mountain...

And ten miles later, I was at the Pacific.

The ride to the ocean was filled with hikers, bikers, and horses. On the way back, I chose the Overlook trail which climbs 1200+ feet in around 3 miles. Nothing crazy steep, but enough to thin out the crowd. Here is a view of the beach(above picture) about half way up the climb.

View from the top of the Overlook trail towards home.

Towards the ocean.

Took the Backbone singletrack down from the Overlook trail. This section was about 2+miles of berms, drops, and sweet flowing trail. I was almost at the bottom when I remembered to take a picture.
Overall a very tiring, but great ride.

No comments: