Sunday, April 13, 2008

Old Favorite - Cheseboro Canyon

Woke up thinking I wanted to get out to Cheseboro to hit the climbs and the steep drops. At the start of the ride, I was climbing through a sea of mustard.


After a long climb, this is the view back through the valley.

The Drop. This is a tough section that requires the will to just go for it. I usually see people walking their bikes here...the photo doesn't do it justice.
View from the top looking down.
Good story: A couple of years ago, Mack and I were riding here, and came up on this section, only to see two bikers stopped at the top, looking down the drop. I hollered ahead, and asked them if it was clear. They responded that it was. Mack rolled right by them and cleaned it. As I rode up to them, one of the bikers said to the other, "Well, I'm impressed that a nine year old can ride it, but I'm still walking down."

No comments: